So Caroline went from sleeping over 5 hours in a row on Saturday night, to keeping mom up all night on Sunday (I think I got a total of 3 hours of sleep!). And I didn't get Mike up to help because he was tired from canoeing and had to go to work today. I don't think I'll do that again... It was the worst night so far, I think. Even worse than the first night home, except without all the anxiety. Mostly I was just annoyed, because this little terror wouldn't go to sleep. And as if that wasn't bad enough, she was so fussy and awake all day long today. She cried and cried hysterically, for no apparent reason (other than to torture her loving mother). Every time she fell asleep, I went to my room to take a nap, and then she'd wake up screaming 15 minutes later. Agh! At around 4, I had to call Mike and tell him to come home (through tears and with Caroline wailing in the background), because I really couldn't handle it on my own anymore, and I knew he'd be gone for another couple of hours in the evening for his new gig as a swim coach at the YMCA. Luckily, he soothed her and she calmed down, but still didn't sleep. All I have to say is this child better sleep tonight, or else!
Here are a few pictures from her few non-fussy moments today...
At coffee with Courtney and Anna and their babies. We like to go for coffee after our mommy-and-me bootcamp, and eat 3 times as many calories as we burned...

The carseats take over

Little C on her playmat, where I tortured her, trying to get her to roll over again- which she did. And I caught it on video. And then I accidentally erased it. Oh well. We'll keep working on that.

What are these colorful animals hanging above my head?

Somebody is already a little vain, looking at herself in the mirror...
1 comment:
I remember those non sleeping nights!! Ack hang in there!! I can't believe she rolled over! OMG! Such a strong little baby girl!! My friends just started at 5 months! She's one determined chica!!
Post a Comment