Papa with his little cupcake
Caroline all bundled up for her neighborhood walk
Daddy strolling with the babe
Two new moms! Me and Caroline with my friend Courtney and her baby Casey
It was a jam-packed weekend! On Saturday, Dad came over to our house and we had a visit from his old college roommate Elliot and his wife Marge. Elliot is my godfather, though I haven't seen him since I was about Caroline's age, since we lived on opposite coasts. It was great to get to know him and hear funny stories about my dad's college days. I think it was great for the two of them to catch up as well, since they hadn't seen each other in ~12 years. It was so nice of them to come up from Rhode Island to see us, and they brought Caroline the cutest little pink outfit!Saturday night was a pretty warm one, so Mike and I took a long stroll around the neighborhood. It is so fun to start our family and spend time together!
Sunday was my dad's last day in town, so we had a big breakfast at IHOP and a teary goodbye before he went off to the airport. I'm so grateful that he was able to come spend this time with us!
Sunday afternoon our fabulous friend Barb stopped by to meet little C. She was so sweet and came bearing gifts- beautiful flowers and a full dinner. What a treat! Now that my mom is gone, I've had to do most of the cooking myself, and after cooking dinner for my dad the past few nights, it was nice to just have something tasty and ready to eat! Thanks, Barb!
This morning I went to a "mommy and me bootcamp" with my friend Courtney and her baby Casey, who was born 5 days before Caroline. It is an 8-week free class offered through the Quincy Family Network, so I'm excited to take advantage of it and meet new moms while getting back in shape! There was only one other mom there, plus the instructor, but I bet more will join as the weeks go on. We're hoping our friend Anna will join us as well, but she just had her baby a few days ago, so maybe it will be a few weeks. Anna, Courtney and I were all in the same prenatal water aerobics class at the YMCA. Its fun to stay in touch and trade baby stories. Courtney and I had fun catching up at Starbucks afterwards and learning more about each other's first few weeks as moms.
Mike's mom Jane arrives tomorrow for a week with us, which will be great, and his dad and brother will be here Friday for a long weekend. So we're looking forward to a fun time with them.
2 comments:
So sad no new postings.....Mom
So the baby class was good? I definitely want to join you, although I agree that it may be a couple more weeks. I'm a bit worried about feeling lonely once my mother leaves town, so I think that anything I can do, like that class, would be a good idea.
Post a Comment