Is that a smile?
Yesterday was a really tough one for me. My mom went home after staying with us for over 2 weeks. She's been with us since just after Caroline was born, so it is hard to imagine life without her here. She has been totally amazing taking care of all of us. She cooks all of our meals, cleans the whole house, eagerly takes a fussy Caroline and calms her down, and just makes sure everything gets done. More than that, she has been such a great emotional support for me- she showers me with love and makes me feel like I can handle any challenge that comes my way. So, as you can imagine, it was totally heartbreaking to have her go back to California. Of course she couldn't stay forever- she does have a job and a life of her own- but I don't know that I would have ever been ready to let her go. Thanks, Mom, for everything you have done for us. We all love you so much and will miss you terribly.And thank heavens I have the most supportive husband ever. He has been great taking care of Caroline and taking care of me, too. He has been my constant shoulder to cry on (he's getting more than he bargained with that of late...) and since he knew how sad I was yesterday, he left me the sweetest card this morning. He is just so thoughtful and caring and I can't imagine life without him. It is wonderful to start this great life adventure with someone I know I can always count on and who I love more than life. Thank you, honey, for being so amazing.
Now I have to go dry my tears and feed my beautiful daughter. Who, incidentally, slept for 5 whole hours in a row last night. Woo Hoo!
1 comment:
oh my goodness...she is just too, too cute!! I can't believe I'm so "mushy/gushy" looking and reading your great posts. This is a great gift to give Caroline when she is older. Talked to your mom last night. I'm glad she's home. Now it must feel even more real!! Glad you two (you and your mom) are so "healthy"...lucky, lucky Caroline. Best to you. Jamie
Post a Comment