Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas!




We arrived at my mom's house on Christmas eve. We all stayed up late catching up with my brothers and mom. In the morning, the kids were up early and excited to open presents. They woke up Caroline and the rest of us and we all went downstairs. Santa left them all huge stockings with lots of presents.

I think Caroline was in shock. She just sat and stared at her cousins madly opening their gifts. I gave her one to open, but she just sat with it in her lap, unable to even think about opening it. Finally, she got over that and started in with her presents. But honestly, I think she was more excited about all the "Candy Cans" hanging on the tree. Girl ate so many candy canes on this trip!

One funny moment was when Caroline asked whether Santa brought her an iPad (she is obsessed with Oma's iPad). When we said no, that iPads were for grown-ups, she just crumpled into a ball on the floor, whining and crying. It was so sad and funny all at the same time. Luckily, she got over that and managed to have an enjoyable Christmas all the same.

She got lots of great stuff- tons of coloring/craft stuff, Dora and swiper stuffed toys, play doh, memory games, books, a cute hat, etc.

It was fun- this year was really the first time she understood the concept of Santa, being good, getting presents in stockings, etc. It was very sweet. Ever since then, she's been talking about Santa leaving presents, etc. I think it was hard for her that Santa didn't leave things at our house- she kept saying "Santa didn't bring me any presents at my house"... Lesson learned there! But she was just so excited about it all. I loved it!

No comments: