Tuesday, December 7, 2010

5 months!

The twins are 5 months old now. Crazy how time flies right along. They are just getting so much bigger and more active. They are really fully in control of their heads now, and have much more core strength. They don't sit up by themselves, but they can sit up with support pretty well. And they still love to stand in our arms too.

Julianne is a holy roller- spinning this way and that all over the place. She can roll from back to belly and back again. Sometimes she gets an arm stuck, but by and large, she gets herself free. She is just so strong and squirmy.

Mirabelle, being her more mellow self, doesn't really bother with all this rolling stuff. You put her in bed, and come back hours later and she hasn't moved an inch (meanwhile, her sister will be turned around 180 degrees and shoved in the corner of her crib). She does arch her back and pivot around sometimes, and she has rolled in the past, but nothing real recently.

They are both really smiley. They've done well on their anti-reflux meds- they're spitting up much less and have less inexplicable crying. Julianne just started really giggling and it is about the cutest thing ever. She'll do it if you tickle her or give her raspberries, but she'll also do it if you make a funny noise or face. Mike took a video on his fancy new iphone, so I posted that below.

Mirabelle's hair seems to be getting rosier and rosier by the day. I think we have a little pseudo-red head on our hands. Strawberry-light brown as I like to call it. It is very cute.

Sleeping isn't going so great. I am not sure what happened. At 2 months, they were only waking up once a night. Lately, it has been about every hour or two. Its really more than we can handle. It started when they were kind of sick, and then I think they just got in the habit of "snacking" at night, and getting lots of snuggles nursing with mom whenever they wake. So.... we're going to put a stop to all this nonsense. Hello Dr. Ferber, meet the twins. Time to cry it out. We'll keep you posted on how it goes, but no more night time feedings, I say. Caroline started sleeping through the night at this age, so I think it is their turn now.

My happy girls! Julianne Mirabelle With big sis, showing off her belly button Giggles

No comments: