We got the crazy idea that we needed to see EVERYONE on the west coast over the holidays. I figured I couldn't go out there without seeing both my dad and my grandma, neither of whom travel. And we also planned to spend the week after Christmas with my mom and brothers. We were really excited to introduce my whole family to the twins!
You all might think we're crazy- we are crazy. But I figured it was easier now- when they are not yet mobile, but relatively happy- than it would be in a year when they want to run around like little monkeys.
The travel was pretty tough, I'm not gonna lie. There is just a whole lotta crap you got to bring to deal with babies. (Never mind schlepping around the babies themselves). The first flight was the worst- we just didn't know what we were doing, so everything took longer and was just a pain- checking in, security, etc. And it was an evening flight, but Caroline didn't sleep at all. She just bounced around in her seat and wanted to run through the aisle. The twins only cried a bit near the end of the flight, and slept most of the way, so that was great. By the time we got to the hotel in LA, it was 2am Wisconsin time, and Caroline was so tired she was downright hysterical. She was screaming "I want to go home! I want to sleep at Hooooome!" Oh good lord. She was waking the babies up, it was horrible. But eventually we all fell asleep. For at least 4 or 5 hours until they were all up again.
The next couple of flights went better- they were shorter (LA to San Jose to Seattle), and we were able to check in more quickly (on the curb for one of them- so great!). The flight home to Wisconsin felt really long again- especially because I was holding Mirabelle, who showed no interest in sleeping, while Julianne was conked out in Mike's arms. And Caroline continued with her jumping around...
Anyways, we did make it through, thank goodness, and it was definitely worth it. Not exactly relaxing, but really enjoyable all the same!
No comments:
Post a Comment