I felt like I needed to do a little update on Caroline here. She's just growing and changing so fast these days! What I really can't get over lately is her imagination. She now has an imaginary friend- Natalata, or Nata for short. Nata is always needing dresses-- usually shimmery tank-tops she finds in my closet (which I'm happy to have her play with, since clearly I don't really get the chance to wear such things in my current life!). Caroline will tell us all about what Nata is up to, and will even have full-on conversations with her. Godo is another imaginary (boy) friend who appears a little less frequently.
She also has a nonsense language that she talks. I think it is from watching Dora/Diego and hearing Spanish, which she really doesn't understand. So she just makes up words and songs and things. Very cute, if a bit odd.
She's also just generally more attached to things. Her pink poodle, her polka-dot and Dora blankets, her blue bowls (God forbid she eat out of any other color).
She says the funniest things, and it is really amusing how she'll imitate the things we say. For example, she'll say- "oh yeah, that's right!", "Whatever!", "hmmmm, let me think about that" (hand on chin), "Just a minute, I'm working". Or to nana, who she told to "try harder!" So funny this little one.
No comments:
Post a Comment