Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving weekend

For Thanksgiving, we went up to Mike's uncle Tom's house in Green Bay. It was great to have a lot of family around, though we missed Mike's brothers. John stayed in DC and Joe's family ended up staying home because Henry was sick. The twins were good for the drive (2.5 hrs each way), so that made it easier. And the triplets- Tom and Denise's kids- were great with Caroline. And it was their 12th birthday, which was fun too. Everyone took turns holding babies, and we all cooked and ate and had a nice time. I took the day off from my diet (luckily the game allows for that), but I ate WAY too much, so I don't think I'll make my goal weight this week...

Later in the weekend, Joe, Henry and Owen came down to spend the night with Nana and Papa. Mike and Joe went to the rose-bowl-clenching Badger football game, which was a crazy blow-out against Northwestern (sorry, Brian!). I spent the day at Nana and Papa's with all the kids. Caroline had fun playing with her cousins, and I was just happy to have some extra hands to handle the babies!

All the ladies in the kitchen (Jane with Julianne, Denise, Pat, Caroline, and me with Mirabelle)

Me with Mirabelle

My smiley little turkey

The triplets- Hanna, Matthew, Sarah

Denise, Sarah, Brian and the babies

Henry, Owen, Julianne, and Caroline... getting ready for naptime

...or not!

Henry holding Julianne

Caroline, Mirabelle, and Nana

Papa took the kids down to the beach by the lake- until their feet got wet and they were pretty quick to come in and warm up! (it was probably below 40 degrees)

Sunset on the lake

No comments: