Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dinner with Dave and Meredith

Our friends Dave and Mer have been jaunting around the world for the past several months- to South America, Italy and Mongolia. We've been having fun following their adventures and seeing Dave's amazing pictures on their blog (check it out- link on right). We have to live vicariously through our friends' travel adventures these days, since we're off the circuit for a while...

Anyways, it was so great to see them again and introduce them to Caroline, who was born while they were in the Galapagos. They seemed to like her :) They also brought her home a fantastic present- her name drawn in Mongolian script with a message that says 'grow up to be a good person'. We hope she will. And we can't wait to hang it in her room!

We also introduced Dave and Mer to the Wii. I got it for Mike for father's day, and though we don't play it too often (who has the time?), we have a great time with it when friends come over. Mostly because we can usually beat people on their first go around! I stomped at bowling, even if everyone mocked my technique. Mike and Dave had a very amusing round of boxing- check out the video below...

Meredith with Caroline
Sweet baby face
Dave and Mike box it out.
Who's the best bowler in town? You know it!
Box it out, boys!

2 comments:

KKJ said...

The wii is so fun. I even woke up sore from too much tennis! Sad but true. Glad to see you are doing well with your little one. So cute.

Meredith said...

Maddy - though you posted the picture of you pointing to...you...in self-congratulations over the Wii, I don't think you gave your readers a true sense of how much of a sore winner you really are. I never would have guessed that sweet, positive Maddy was SUCH A TRASH TALKER!!!

I can't hold it against you though because you cooked an amazing dinner and we had a wonderful time.

:-) Meredith