Well, I won't have any new pics for a few days, because Mike went away to see his family and took the camera with him. So I figured I'd take the chance to tell you a little bit about what Caroline is doing these days...
She is cuter than ever- smiling so much and really interacting a lot. She's even giggling a bit, which is hysterical. I'll post a video of that soon.
She's moving around a lot more. She rolls like mad. I can't leave her on the couch or bed anymore- even for a second- or she'll fall off. She can squirm out of her rocker seat and car seat if she isn't strapped in. One night we were eating dinner, and she was in her rocker. We were just chatting away, and then when we looked back at her, she had slid right out of the chair and was sitting on the floor. But she didn't make a sound and wasn't crying at all. It was pretty funny.
But we've also had a few worse mishaps- She slid out of her seat another time, this time while I was dealing with an overflowing toilet. I just heard a thud and then a wail and went running! Luckily she was fine. I also clipped her finger while trying to clip her nail the other night, and her face turned beet red and she was opening her mouth in a scream, but nothing came out- like in a dream. Well, it came out a few seconds later and I felt so incredibly bad. It was like when she gets her vaccines. Only I was the one who did it to her. And I wasn't protecting her from any bad diseases. I've just got bad aim. I couldn't help but cry along with her. Bad mommy. Back to filing the nails for now.
Anyways, back to the comment about her being mobile- she rolls and rolls. She's better from her back to her stomach, but sometimes she'll just go round and round. I'll leave her on her playmat on the floor and come back and find her 5 feet off the mat on the floor. How in the world does she get so far? She's not crawling yet, but she's sure trying. She'll get her butt all up in the air and scootch around, but doesn't have the arm strength yet to support her body. She can pivot around in all directions, though, and it is always interesting to see where I will find her after a while in her crib.
She's still drooling like mad and putting everything in her mouth. No signs of teeth yet, but I'm not complaining there. We're thinking of starting solids sometime in the next month or so. She's just starting to seem interested in our food. I'm holding off for now because (a) we don't have a highchair yet (b) it seems like it is going to be a bit of a hassle and mess, which I'm happy to wait for and (c) I'm really enjoying nursing her, and I know I won't stop, but I also don't know how it will interfere with our current feeding schedule. Its just such a nice time for bonding and snuggling and being together. I can't imagine pureed peas will make me feel the same way... although I'm sure it will be fun and entertaining watching her get it all over the place.
She loves bath time. We've moved from the kitchen sink to a baby tub, which seems to be working great. She splashes around and loves playing with her little bath toys. And by playing with, I mean reaching for and putting in her mouth.
She's doing great at daycare. Our provider, Gia, is the most wonderful woman who takes such great care of her. She is so attentive and tells me every little thing they do. It is great to get a sense of what she's up to when I can't be with her. Gia's son, Mateo, is 2, and totally adorable. He's grown quite attached to Caroline and he gets so sad when she has to leave. Maybe it will be different when more kids start coming to the day care- in a week or two, I think. But I'm hoping it still goes great. We're really starting to get into a good groove with our routine, and work is going fine for me. It's no maternity leave, but what can you do? Gotta earn a living... :)
2 comments:
Oh Maddie! I want to see that little Caroline. It looks (and sounds) like she has changed so much. Once Jeff gets home from Africa and things settle down we'll have to get together.
goodstuff=keep it up-xad
Post a Comment