Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Home at last

It was sad to end our great journey. Although it is nice to get back to sleeping in our own bed and getting Caroline back on a normal schedule, we’ll miss all of the time with family, as well as all of the rest and relaxation- particularly since I return to work next week!

Both Mike and I would like to thank our parents for showing us a great time. Mom, it was so much fun to spend almost 2 weeks with you. Thanks for getting the beach house, so that the whole family (almost) could reunite and spend time together. I’m so glad Caroline is getting the chance to know her family, even though we live so far away. And I’m glad you could join us in Wisconsin for the baptism as well. You spoil us rotten- with things, but more importantly with love, and we’ll miss you so much until we get to see you again. Dad, it was great to see you, too, even if it was just a quick visit. Please keep us posted on your news, and we hope to make it out to see you again soon!

Jane and Joe, you were such fantastic hosts for our stay. We did so many fun things while we were with you, and ate so much tasty food. I feel so lucky to have in-laws who welcome me so warmly into their lives and love me like a daughter. It was so fun to watch you play with our little darling, although I’m not letting Jane and my mom get near Caroline with a bottle of mousse ever again :)

Caroline is lucky to have grandparents who love her so much, and manage to put up with us, too.

No comments: