Thursday, July 17, 2008

Back to work!

Well, all good things come to an end, I guess. No more maternity leave for this mama. Tragic! It was back to work this Monday for me. I wasn't too worried about it, since I really like my job and my friends there, but I was definitely sad to leave Caroline. I'm only working 3 days a week for now, which make the transition a little easier.

Mike came with me to drop her off at daycare. We had a bit of a teary separation, but other than that, all went smoothly. We're leaving her at a small family daycare, and the woman who runs it, Gia, is fantastic, so I'm happy about that. At the moment, there aren't many kids- just Gia's son Mateo (2yrs), and occasionally another girl named Libby (also 2). But I think that will change pretty soon as more babies are set to start next month. We've been getting reports every day about when and how much she eats, when she poops, what activities they do... its a nice, amusing touch.


First day back!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Maddy! Congratulations (I think...) on being back at Bridgespan. I´m sad not to be there sitting next to you anymore, but hope I get back to visit quite a bit. You and Caroline are so gosh darned adorable! (I guess Mike is too... sorta... in a giant Alaskan sort of way.) Miss you guys a bunch. Hasta muy pronto!

Mateo

Kristy said...

Congrats on another BIG milestone! I balled my eyes out the first time I left Kyle at daycare!!! It will get easier - and it's also so cute when you pick them up they get so exited! Kyles sill runs in circles saying "mama mama mama"!!! So cute!!