Monday, August 11, 2008

Baby's first meal

So, after all my talk of waiting, we decided to give the whole solid foods thing a try. That new high chair was just sitting there, begging to be used. So... we mixed up some rice cereal (organic, of course) with a bunch of breastmilk, and made some soupy paste for the little angel to try.

So how did it go? Well, she didn't totally hate it. But she wasn't too interested in keeping it in her mouth either. I think she's still got the whole tongue thrust reflex going on. So she would taste it, stick her tongue out, and then just let it drip out of her mouth.

We tried again a couple of days later, and she got even less in, so maybe we're going to wait a little longer. Breastfeeding is just so much easier!

We did get her this neat little contraption- a tiny mesh baggie attached to a handle that you can put fruit or ice chips in. I thought it might help with her teething. So I stuck some banana in there and let her gnaw away. She seemed to like it, but got bored after 5 or 10 minutes. Short attention span, this baby...

The before picture...
Look at my stylin new bib
Um... what is this stuff?
I'm not sure I like it...
Gimme that spoon!


No comments: