Thursday, August 14, 2008

I heart Gia

I really, really love our daycare provider, Gia. Here's a little taste of how she brightens our day:
  • Every morning, when I pull out of the driveway, she sits by the window with Caroline and makes her wave to me. It is so cute.
  • Today, I told her Mike was coming to pick up Caroline, because I was supposed to get my haircut. But that fell through, so I came to get her anyways. Gia had dressed her in her "My heart belongs to Daddy" onesie, with her "Daddy's little princess" bib, just for Mike, and she was so sad he wasn't picking her up :)
  • Every day, when I pick her up, she tells me, in painstaking detail, how they spent their day. How they went to the park, she looked at the leaves above her, and she liked hearing the children play, she drooled all over her teether, etc. It is so great- almost like I was there with her. I love it.
  • She changes her bib like 6 times a day. I change it maybe 2 or 3 times, max. I'll let the poor child sit in a wet, drooly bib for half the day. Not Gia. She's so good.
  • Her son, Mateo, is so attached to little Caroline, that he is practically crying when she goes home. And he talks to her in baby-talk, with a high voice, just like we do. It is too funny.
  • In the middle of the day, she just randomly sent me an e-mail with this picture of Caroline, because she thought she looked so cute just hanging out on the couch.

Up until now, it has just been Caroline and Mateo, and occasionally another girl named Libby. Next week, though, a set of twins who are around a year old are starting, so that will be a big change for everyone. I think it will be good for Caroline to interact with some kids who are just a bit older than she is, but I'll miss the all of the special, personal attention she's been getting. But maybe its for the best, since she was getting a little spoiled with Gia carrying her around and doting on her all day.

No comments: