Saturday, August 2, 2008

Mom's night out

So while Mike was away on his trip, I managed to sneak out for a night on the town with the girls. It was my friend So's birthday, so we all decided to go hit the bars. Of course, hitting the bars is a little less exciting for me these days, since I max out at 2 drinks. Don't want to liquor up the breastmilk, and really, it isn't so fun getting up in the middle of the night even without a hangover- I'd rather not try it with one!

We started the night with dinner at So and Steve's place, where they oogled my cute angel. Then I dropped her off at the babysitter's. I "won" a few babysitting sessions in our charitable auction at work, so my colleage Jacob offered to watch the little darling. Its nice to have someone you know and trust to take care of your bebe. It was her bed time when we dropped her off, but I think she stayed up a couple of hours late, what with all of the excitement and new people and places. She got a bit cranky for him, but eventually went down to sleep, which was good. Then it was off to the bar for a couple of hours of fun before heading back home.

No comments: