I don't know what has gotten into her lately, but it feels like we're really regressing. She was sleeping longer and longer, and getting less and less cranky by the day. Then over the past couple of days, its like we're in a time warp to a few weeks ago. She's got her evening cranks back again, and instead of sleeping for 4 or 5 or even 7 hours at a stretch, she's waking up every 2 or 3 hours every night. I'm at my breaking point. I see why sleep deprivation is a form of torture.
Michael is super supportive and wants to be helpful, but Caroline has also decided of late that she doesn't like bottles, and will only nurse. Which makes having someone other than me doing the feedings, well, impossible. I guess it is my own fault, because after the relatives left town, I just started doing more and more of the feedings, until we were almost never giving her a bottle. She just ate so much faster and easier when nursing, and with Mike working, I didn't want him to have to get up in the middle of the night very much. But we're determined to break her of this bottle-rejecitng habit. I'm going to pump and feed her with a bottle several times a day, so she takes it without being fussy, and then I'm going to let Mike do more night time feedings. Because Mama just can't take it anymore.
Of course, every morning she is so cute and adorable and full of smiles, I change my mind on the gypsie plan- oh, the way these babies manipulate us!- so I guess we'll keep on keepin on, and hope for the best. Here are a few more fun pics...
More fun in the swing!





Daddy's girl





3 comments:
Sounds like a growth spurt to me! Hopefully, it will pass.
This is exactly why god made babies so cute!!! heeehee Sending sleepy vibes to little Caroline!
Post a Comment