Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy birthday, party girl

Caroline is 2 months old today!

It is all flying by so fast! I can't believe it has been two months. And I can't believe I only have 2 more months before I have to go back to work. I can't imagine leaving my little baby all day :(

But I'm trying to be more zen about life now. Really live in the moment and treasure each day with Caroline, rather than thinking about the future, work, or when she'll be able to do new things, like sleep through the night! I just want to enjoy every day with her, loving her sweet smiles and being amazed by all of the little things she does.

We went party hopping with her last night- first to a surprise 40th anniversary party for our friends Don and Dinah and then to a "housecooling" party with our friends Rachel and Bill who are moving to a new place soon. She was the life of the party- she was awake but mellow most of the night and didn't mind all of the friends and strangers oogling over her.

The sleep thing is going ok. Better now since 'operation bottle-time' was successful, and Mike is taking over some of the nighttime feedings. She's still getting up every 2 to 3 hours, which is more than we'd like, but she's not crying and goes back to sleep pretty easily, so I guess it is all manageable.

No comments: