Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's day

My first mother's day as a mom was terrific. Caroline's gift to me was to sleep 7 hours straight! Very nice after our big barbecue, since we all stayed up late and were eager to sleep in. Then Mike made me breakfast in bed- what a wonderful husband I have. Could I get any luckier?

We went to the Mother's day lilac celebration at the arboretum in the afternoon. The weather was glorious, the flowers were lovely, and we had a really nice time as a family. I love just spending time with Mike and Caroline. No matter what we're doing, it just feels right. I knew I'd love being a mom, but I guess I didn't realize I'd love it quite this much.

We also got a webcam, and did a video call with my mom and Mike's parents- it was great fun, even if the picture was a little fuzzy. It was a real treat to get to see them all and to show off little Caroline. I think it will get even more fun once she's old enough to recognize who is on the screen and interact a bit...






No comments: