Our little wonder is finally discovering her hands. We've been trying to get her to suck her thumb, so that she can soothe herself when there is no binky at hand, and she's really getting there. She doesn't need help getting her fingers to her mouth anymore, but she hasn't quite mastered it all just yet. She usually sticks her whole fist or all of her fingers in her mouth at once. She did find her thumb once, only to lose it and go back to the fist. She's also started sucking on her two middle fingers at once, which is pretty hysterical. Hey, whatever keeps princess happy... Now if she could just stop gagging herself!
Fist to mouth

The four fingered approach


Two fingers fit better...

2 comments:
This entry is so funny! I particularly like the photo of the two fingered approach.
The two fingered approach is much more interesting than the "single thumb technique". I know that I am not a parent and will probably never be one but as an ex circus clown I would definitely consider encouraging it! Much love, Great uncle Paul
Post a Comment