Monday, January 31, 2011

Life...

The past couple of weeks have been a blur. Work continues to be pretty crazy for me- getting prepared for our 20th Anniversary Summit. That happens in Mid-Feb in DC, and it is going to be AWESOME, but I'm hoping work will slow down a bit after that!

The weekends have been fun. We started trading date nights with our friends Deanna and Matt- after the kids go to bed. So Mike and I went to see live music one night and to a movie another night. We also started doing a dinner exchange with these guys- they bring us dinner every monday and we bring them dinner every Tues. It is kind of nice, because it isn't too hard to make a double recipe and then you get a night off of cooking!

We've gone to kids in the rotunda with friends a couple of times, had some playdates, and just generally stayed pretty mellow. It has been pretty cold and snowy, so not much outside time, but luckily I'm not feeling too stir crazy yet. I also had a fun mom's night out and a playgroup with my mothers of multiples- we had 11 babies this time (a few people couldn't make it- there were originally 19 babies set to come- yikes!) Luckily someone else was hosting this time!

I think we decided on a preschool for Caroline for next year too. It was a tough decision, because there were a bunch of good ones- including a really amazing one that in the end we just couldn't afford. But I'm really excited for the one we picked and for her to start school. I wish she could start now- she's definitely ready!

Oh, and we had a bout of illness in the house- well a couple of them actually! Everyone except me has had two colds- or else just one that came and went. I think Julianne may have actually had croup, because she was barking like a seal. But luckily she didn't have any spasm attacks in the middle of the night. We're in the middle of the second round of this nonsense, and I'm just hoping I don't fall victim as well... I have my own problems- I think I may have sprained my knee. I couldn't stand on it the first day, and it is a lot better now (about a week later), but it is still swollen and inflamed and just a bit sore. Hoping it heals up quickly.

I'm getting ready and excited for a trip out to California for my mom's 60th birthday this week. I'm leaving Mike and all the kids here (but his parents are around, so don't feel too bad for him). It will be a real vacation and I seriously can't wait! Then I'm home for 2 days and then Mike, the twins, and I head out to DC for this conference. Caroline is going to stay home with Nana and papa, just so things don't get totally insane. Will keep you posted on the adventures... probably about a month after the fact (So hard to stay on top of this blog anymore!)