So they've had a lot of milestones in the last month. Julianne got her first tooth just before Christmas and now has both of them poking through on the bottom. It is SO cute! I thought there would be more crying with the teething, but she actually seemed to do pretty well. Mirabelle just had her first one start peeking through her gum.
They've gotten a lot more mobile. They are amazing little rolling machines. Mirabelle was about 2 weeks behind Julianne on the rolling - she seems to be that way with a lot of things. Physical things, at least. She is already sitting up a little bit on her own (10 seconds or so), but Mirabelle isn't. Mirabelle might have a slight advantage on fine motor skills (she's quite a grasper) and speech- she's making consonant sounds. I definitely heard her say Mama one day - I know she didn't mean it, but I'll take it. Mike claims he heard Dada just a couple of days later. Highly suspicious :) But I believe him.
So yeah, they are rolling around a lot, and they are also thinking about crawling. Julianne will get her legs all the way up under her butt and push, but she cant get her chest and head off the ground. Lets hope it stays that way for a while. But I doubt it!
They are just starting to eat their feet. Such a funny stage! And they do suck on their hands and arms a lot. Julianne actually gave herself about 5 hickies on her wrists one day by sucking on them like mad. I was worried she got pinched or burned or something until I saw her do it.
We just started feeding them solid foods. They are doing ok. Not great, but not totally terrible. Mirabelle was a little better than Julianne initially, but now they're about the same. They push it out of their mouth a lot, but I think a little is getting down. Amusingly, they definitely do well with better tasting things. I gave mirabelle some split pea soup I made and she definitely liked it better than her sweet pea babyfood. I'm sure she just liked the salt! We've also given her little licks of chocolate and she goes nuts. It is so cute.
Sleep is going better. They are just starting to sleep through the night. We started "sleep training" about a month ago- before we went on vacation. We stopped feeding them at night and let them cry a bit. But of course we regressed on vacation. So we had to get them back in shape when we got home. I think just being in their own beds helped, because they got back on the wagon pretty fast. It is so nice to have them sleep longer! They've only slept through the night a few nights, but I'm hoping it is the start of a trend!
At their 6 month appointment, Julianne was just over 16 pounds, and Mirabelle was just over 14. Still our little peanut, but she's filling out. Julianne is a bit taller, but Mirabelle has a bigger head! They are perfectly healthy and on track, of course. And we're thankful for that!
And they are just full of smiles and completely adorable!
No comments:
Post a Comment