Tuesday, January 4, 2011

GG Ruth

On the last leg of our trip, we went to visit Caroline's Great Grandma (GG) Ruth! My dad's mom. I love and adore my grandma Ruth, so I was really glad we could go up and see her, along with my fabulous Aunt Sylvia and Uncle Steve. We just spent one day and night there, but it was enough to get in a good visit. Grandma seemed in good spirits and good health, though she's definitely slowing down and isn't nearly as talkative as she once was. I miss her stories!

We spent part of the day at her apartment. Then while she and Caroline were napping, Syl, Steve and I took the babies for a walk around Green Lake. It was nice, but a bit nippy out, and I didn't really have the warm clothes I needed for the girls, so I think they got a bit cranky for that reason. We ended up carrying both of them- I had Julianne in the ergo carrier, and steve tucked Mirabelle right into his jacket. It was very sweet.

In the evening, we all went out to a nice dinner at a seafood restaurant. Caroline behaved herself surprisingly well (maybe she's growing out of the age where she wants to run around and sit at everyone else's table).

We had a couple of mishaps with Julianne during the day and she ended up taking two falls within a matter of hours. She got a bloody nose with one. I was feeling pretty awful after the second one, but she was surprisingly no worse for wear and didn't even cry for that long.

Not sure when we'll be back in Seattle again, so I'm glad we made it on this trip, and the girls got to meet their GG. I think Grandma enjoyed it too!

With Julianne

With Mirabelle

4 generations of ladies

The whole gang

No comments: