Tuesday, July 20, 2010

New Nanny

Our new nanny, Laura, started this week. She's just helping us out part time while I'm on leave, and then she'll take over full time with all of the kids come October, bless her soul. I'm glad we're easing her into things, because there will no doubt be some chaos once she has to care for all of them herself. So she watched the twins on Monday, while Caroline was at the zoo with her cousins and my mom and I went on a venture to Target and to get lunch and pedicures. I was excited to have a moment of peace with no kids, but I forgot that I'm not at 100% yet- it was definitely exhausting just walking around the store. On Tuesday, Laura took Caroline to the park in the morning and then spent hours playing with playdoh with her. Caroline seems to be warming up nicely to her. I'm glad she's getting some individual time with the kids, so she gets to know them well.

No comments: