Saturday, July 10, 2010

Coming home from the hospital

When Saturday rolled around, Mike and I were feeling kind of itchy to get out of the hospital. Originally, I thought we should stay as long as we could, so that I could recuperate and we could take advantage of sending the girls to the nursery at night and getting the last proper sleep we'll see for months. But by Saturday, I was feeling pretty good, and we thought the twins were doing well, so we were just eager to get back home. There was some question of whether the docs would approve of the girls leaving, since they both had some jaundice and had lost some weight. But after the pediatrician saw them, they figured we were OK, so we got to go!

We packed up all of our goodies, stuck the girls in car seats and were on the road in our new minivan! When we got home, we saw that Mike's dad had helped mow the lawn. But it looked like he stopped half way and did something kind of strange in the process. It wasn't til we got closer that we saw he had mowed a big 2 into the grass. Awesome. So clever! We took a picture from the upstairs porch.

Mike's parents had been watching Caroline for the whole time we were in the hospital. Today, they brought her back to nap at our house, so she would be there when we got home. They also did an awesome job cleaning up our house and filling our fridge so we'd get off to a great start at home. I cannot emphasize enough how awesome they have been all along. We love them!! And they just keep finding ways to be helpful- watching Caroline when we go to the doctor, or cooking us dinner, or doing our dishes. It never ends. We are so incredibly lucky to have them.

It is really great to be home at last!!

Proud parents


Mama with babies

All ready to roll

We needed a few extra hands to get out to the car

Caroline gets to know her little sisters at home

Papa's lawn art :)

1 comment:

cseed said...

I LOVE all the photos and updates! I'm so happy for you guys! You have such a beautiful family!!!