The twins are on a pretty good routine now. They feed every 2-3 hours, but sometimes go longer at night- 4 hours sometimes. Over the past few days, they seem to be emerging from their newborn coma. They had been just sleeping and eating, but now they are awake for at least a few hours every day- taking in the world around them. We've put them on the playmat and in the swing, both of which they seem to like well enough, even if they might not really know what is going on... I have been feeling like they are getting so big so quickly. Already, they seem noticibly bigger than when we left the hospital. On the one hand, it is fun to watch them grow, but on the other, I just want to really relish these early days. They're just so sweet and soft and tiny and mushy. And there is a good chance that we won't have any more kids, so these might be my last sweet newborn moments. I won't miss the sleep deprivation, but I will miss snuggling their tiny little selves...
Caroline was doing really great up until a couple of days ago. Now I think we're just starting to see the beginnings of her having a tough time with all of this. She's been really whiny and clingy to me, often having trouble going down for a nap and at night time. And sometimes she'll say "MY mommy!" I am sure this will get a lot worse in the coming weeks, as my mom goes home and reality of this new life sets in, but I'm hoping it doesn't last too long. By and large, she's still doing great. She hasn't shown any hostility to the twins- she really seems to love them. She is always saying "Look at that BABY!" It is adorable.
Sometimes the twins really look alike and strike similar poses...
Power to the babies!
No comments:
Post a Comment