We had a fun 4th of July weekend around here. Lots of Mike's family was in town: brother Joe and his kids Henry and Owen, brother John and his gf Jamie, cousin Beth and her husband Bob, Uncle Tom with wife Denise and the triplets (who are now 10 or 11?), and Aunt Pat. Jane hosted a party on Saturday the third, when they were having the Rhythm and Booms fireworks show (the biggest in the Midwest, I hear!). And Sunday we went over to Tom and Pat's cottage on Lake Waubesa for another BBQ/Party. I ended up spending about half the weekend up and about, chatting with folks, and the other half either sleeping or laying on the couch. I just really don't have the energy anymore... But only a week left until these babies arrive, so I'm sure I can make it through. Here are some pictures of our fun in the sun.
From Jane and Joe's party for the fireworks on July 3rd. Love her little independence day outfit!


Swingin with cousin Hannah on the hammock

Front row view of the fireworks over the lake... looking ready to pop!

Mike gets the bonfire going

Children playing with sparklers. Notice my child is not amongst them. Oh no, my mom instilled the fear of god in me regarding fireworks. Now I'm an overly paranoid mom myself.

Party at Pat and Tom's place on July 4th
Having at the pinata. Caroline got first dibs!


Then it was the triplets turn!

While Caroline watches on from Nana's lap

Look at all that loot! (Happily, she only got a couple of pieces and her parents ate the rest... halloween all over again!)

Daddy snuggles...

...make for a happy girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment