So some of my friends from playgroup convinced me to join them in a diet and lifestyle change game called Game On! It is a neat concept where you join teams that compete against each other for points that you earn by eating 5 small balanced meals, exercising for 20 minutes, sleeping 7 hours, taking on a good new habit (flossing for me), and getting rid of a bad habit (cleaning up Caroline's toys rather than making her do it herself). I'm doing it because I need some motivation to start working on losing this baby weight, and because I have a competitive zeal. You pay in $25 and the winning team gets all the $$. I doubt we'll win because my team had a tough first week, but anyways, it is still really fun.
So far it is going OK. It does make me more conscious of what I'm eating and gives me a reason to exercise when I might be too lazy otherwise. It is a bit restrictive (esp. on alcohol and sugar), but I guess that is what it is supposed to do :) Lost 5 pounds the first two weeks, so something must be working! (about 7 to go to get back to pre-baby weight) Will keep you all posted on how it goes :)
No comments:
Post a Comment