Friday, September 10, 2010
Back to work
I went back to work this week. I was actually going to wait until October to go back, but for whatever reason, I just felt ready. It was different with Caroline- I wanted to be home for as long as possible, and was with her for the first 4 months and then worked part time for 2 months after that. This time, I'm going back after 2 months, and only doing 1 month part time before going back full time in Oct. I guess it feels different for a few reasons... Since it isn't my first time doing this, I just feel a lot more confident in my role as a mother, and I worry less about missing out on stuff because I'm working. I think it also has something to do with the fact that I work from home, and I'll take time out of the day to nurse the babies, so I know I won't be away from my kids for the whole day. And the twins are actually much better sleepers than Caroline was at this point, typically waking up just once during the night to eat. So I'm not so sleep deprived (although, don't get me wrong... there are those nights!). And as it turns out, my day job is a heck of a lot easier than taking care of three kiddos 24/7. It is actually a nice break :) So I'm glad to be back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats Maddy!
Post a Comment