Tuesday we hosted playgroup at our house. That was great fun- we had loads of folks over and we had a lot of fun playing inside and out. Half of Caroline's toys ended up on the lawn! But it is great to get out and use the yard.
Wednesday I took all three girls to the gym. It was the twins 6 week birthday- the first day they were allowed to go. I had to bribe Caroline to be good, and even so, there was quite a bit of crying as I left her. But I think it helped to have her sisters there- she apparently calmed down after she went to look at them. After the gym we had a rather impromptu picnic with my friend Deanna and her daughters Asha and Noelle at the park near our house. They treated us to a very tasty lunch and Caroline had a blast.
Thursday there was a toddler dance party at the library. I took Caroline and left the twins at home with Laura. It is nice to be able to spend some quality time with just her these days. At first, Caroline was petrified and wanted to be held or clinged to my leg. It was super crowded, so I could see why she would be overwhelmed. But eventually, Caroline had fun dancing with her friend Bree. That night, my friend Emily brough us dinner and we had a little playdate with her son Leo.
Friday I went to yoga and Caroline went to the library with Laura. Then in the afternoon a fellow new mother of twins, Trish, came over for a "playdate"- mostly just the moms catching up and trading stories. Her twin boys are just a week younger than our girls. It is fun to get to know other people with new twins- I hope we'll get to watch one anothers kids grow up. Friday night Mike's parents got back from their trip to Russia and Caroline was so excited to go pick them up!
Saturday, I volunteered to work at the mothers of multiples resale, while Mike stayed home with the girls (he was lucky to get lots of help from his parents, too). It was great to get in to the sale early and get a great selection of stuff to shop for. But... I kind of overdid it. I was on my feet and walking for about 6 hours and I was just a wreck when it was done. My incision scar was hurting (it just started hurting again about a week ago- after three weeks of being pain-free- with no discernable reason. And Saturday's adventure just aggrevated it. The doctors said I was probably just doing too much and they weren't worried unless I got a fever.) It was also fun to talk to people at the sale and get to know more twin mothers.
Sunday we had another playdate with a family with new twins. Jen's twins are only 2 weeks old, so I was amazed she was up for going out! She also has a 2 year old daughter that Caroline had fun playing with.
Our friends keep bringing us dinner. I can't believe it keeps coming! Such yummy stuff. Thank you all- we love you!!
We also got a wonderful present this week from Jeanie, my step-mom growing up, including some really great pictures of me growing up- some really nice ones of me with my dad, which mean a lot to have. And she sent a bunch of adorable clothes for the twins and Caroline too. And she sent Caroline's favorite new toy- a pink poodle stuffed animal. She can't put that thing down!
Playgroup
Caroline and Asha "feeding" their "babies"
Sweet girl with her poodle!
1 comment:
my my my Maddie. I am amazed at how you're surviving all of this, and with such grace. Those three girls are so beautiful. I wish you lived closer so I could take their pictures.
Thanks for being such a great blogger. I love feeling connected with you.
Post a Comment