Saturday, August 21, 2010

How our girls are changing...

So the twins are 6.5 weeks old now. It is just amazing to watch them grow. They seem so much bigger and substantial. Their head control continues to amaze me. They've started grasping at things a bit- right now they mostly just seem to be getting my hair :) Every day, they seem more and more aware of the world around them. They'll really look at you now, and will look at the black-and-white books we read to them as part of the nighttime routine. We just started that about a week ago and it seems to be going well. The only thing is that it is hard getting all three down in the same general timeframe. Definitely requires two people...The twins had a great stretch of nights where they both slept for 6-7 hours. Then they went back to every 3-4 hours and I had a hard time readjusting! Mirabelle actually still sleeps for those long stretches, and won't even wake up when I try to make her eat, but Julianne, being the snacker she is, wants to eat all the time. Julianne is starting to beef up with all that eating- I think she's definitely got some weight on her sister... maybe a half a pound or something.

Caroline has definitely become more needy lately. We knew this was coming. It has manifest itself in several ways... she wakes up a lot more in the middle of the night and wanders into our bedroom. She's had a few more potty accidents than usual. I guess she had been pretty much accident free for a while, but she's had a couple time overnight accidents and other times she just didn't make it to the toilet in time. She still seems to love her sisters and doesn't show animosity to them at all. But she does sometimes say "Mama no feed the babies" or "Mama put the baby down." And she has a fit when she doesn't get what she wants. I'm sure some of that is just the terrible twos, but I wonder if that's exacerbated by the search for attention with the twins arrival. But she is generally still sweet and tries to be helpful with the girls.

No comments: