Friday, August 13, 2010

A busy week

We've had a fun and busy week. We're getting in a bit more of a routine and so I've been able to get out and about with Caroline, or send her out with her nanny Laura while I stay home with the twins.

On Monday, she went to a play and learn program with Laura, and saw some playgroup pals there. I stayed home to start addressing all of these baby announcements! Tuesday was a packed day- we spent the morning at a beach on lake Mendota with her playgroup. What a blast that was- it was a great spot with a sandy beach and a big grassy area. The lake was pretty shallow, so the kids could run in and out without worrying too much that they'd get in too deep. Caroline was in heaven (though she did have a huge fit when it was time to leave).

After naptime that day, we went to the member preview at the new children's museum. We brought Laura and the twins along, so we were quite a crew trying to navigate our way around. It was super busy (we saw several friends there), but it was really fantastic. Its much bigger than the old location, and they have so many new hands-on exhibits. Caroline loved the water room, and the area you could paint on the windows. They also have an awesome, huge roof garden, and chickens, turtles and fish. I think we'll be making many more trips there!

Wednesday morning, Jenny and Caroline's old daycare crew came to visit. She was so excited to see and play with Rachel, Naomi, J.D. and Aubrey. We met up with them at a splashpark last week, which was great fun, and we were glad to have them come play at our house. It is good to stay connected with them, since Caroline misses them a lot!

Wednesday afternoon we tried to go to the gym. When we were going regularly to the YMCA on the East Side, Caroline really loved going there. She got to know the staff and always had fun. Not so much this time. We've only been to the West Side location a few times, and Caroline seemed hesitant when I dropped her off. Then the staff came and found me about 15 minutes later, saying she just wouldn't stop crying. When I came in, her eyes were all pink and puffy and full of tears. It made me sad. I think she might do better if we go in the morning when she has more energy. I might have to bribe her to be good the first few times, but I think we just need to get in there a bunch until she gets to know some people and feels more comfortable. And I really need to get on a good routine there. I want to get back into my pre-pregnancy clothes! The ones that don't have an elastic waist :)

Mike was out of town for work from early Tues am to late Wed night. Both of those nights, after Laura went home but before the girls went to bed, we had some harrowing moments. It is really hard to manage all of these girls without help. Especially when they all decide to cry at once. Yikes! I was glad once he got home. Luckily, the overnight went OK. The girls only woke up a couple of times, so it wasn't so bad.

Thursday we went to spend time with some playgroup friends who were having a garage sale. We didn't really have anything to sell ourselves- we'll probably have tons next year, but we're still using all of our kid stuff. But it was fun to hang out and let the kids play together. Mostly they hung out inside, because it was ridiculously hot. But we Caroline did get in the kiddie pool for a while too.

Friday I went to postnatal yoga with the twins. I really love that class- it is a continuation of the prenatal class- basically the same thing, only with more ab work. And the babies are there. But it is a lot of the same people, and it is really fun to see everyone and their babies! Laura took Caroline to the library while I was at class, so she had fun there. And then we came home and Mike finished up work early so we could all hang out.

At the children's museum
Caroline outside the music hut

Caroline and Grant planting vegetables

Caroline getting her hands dirty

Jenny and Julianne

Caroline, Aubrey and J.D.

All the kids doing some coloring

Laura holds a little story hour

No comments: