Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy 1 month birthday!

The twins are one month old today! On the one hand, it is hard to believe it has been a month already. On the other hand, I don't really remember life without them. They have grown so much. I don't know what they weigh (I suspect somewhere around 7lbs each), but their scrawny little chicken legs are starting to beef up a little and I think they will have little fat rolls before we know it.

They are awake for a couple of hours in the morning and again in the afternoon/evening. Otherwise they're still pretty much sleeping all the time. Overnight, their sleeping really varies. Sometimes, they'll sleep for 4-5 hours at a stretch. Other times they wake up every 1.5 hours or so. I always try to wake them both up to eat at the same time (or right after one another), so I'm not up all night. I handle most of the night-time feedings, but Mike will jump in when I need a break. They are both still nursing really well, which makes feedings pretty easy.

They're really starting to look around a lot more when they are awake. It seems like they are a little more aware of the world around them. At least they'll look at me like they know I'm their mom. And they will look around and react to noises, etc.

Caroline is doing great with them. She's really sweet and gentle, and loves to give them little stuffed animals and smother them with kisses.

We love these girls!

2 comments:

the swimmer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the swimmer said...

sorry - that pasted in there somehow by error.

here's what I MEANT to say...

Wow! You make having twins sound so easy! What a pro you are. So glad they and you are doing so well. Enjoy them!!