Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Working mother

So I decided to take the Teach for America job. It wasn't too tough of a decision. Though I was feeling a little sad about leaving Caroline, I couldn't pass up a great opportunity like this. I'm really excited about the role, and I think it is a great fit for me. It will be a huge change going from being at home to working full time, but I'm hoping that working from home will at least provide more flexibility.

Now I just have to find childcare. Easier said than done. I called about 20 places and only 2 had openings. But I'll keep looking. The tentative plan is for me to start Dec. 7th. That only gives me a week after I get back from vacation to get my life in order. Yikes! But I think it will all be OK.

Wish me luck!

No comments: