Saturday, November 21, 2009

Visit with dad





On my second day in San Diego, I took a trip up to see my dad. I went with my brother Matt and his whole family, and with Caroline (Mike arrived the next day). It was a lot of driving for one day- about 2.5 hours each way- but definitely worth it to catch up with my dad. It is always hard to see how hard is life is now, with his Parkinson's Disease, which is quite advanced. But it is also always good to see him and spend time with him and fill him in on our lives. We all hung out for a bit with the kids running around, and then had an early-Thanksgiving lunch together. Dad was in good spirits and we all shared good stories and some hearty laughs. It was a shorter visit than we would have liked (only a couple of hours), but I was worried Caroline would turn into a monster because she needed to nap. Surprisingly, she barely napped during the 5+ hours in the car that day- I think because her Aunt Kristen and cousins Hayden and Jaxon were entertaining her the whole way along.

No comments: