Wednesday, November 18, 2009

20-month little kisser

Caroline is 20 months now, and getting cuter by the day! Oh how we love her!

Here she is prancing around in the sand on a warm fall day
Look- it's taller than me! And I can knock it over with my bum!
Caroline's most interesting changes are around language. I think the main difference these days, in addition to learning lots of new words, is that she can enunciate so much better. Her words actually sound like words and not just sounds that only I can interpret. And she's great at identifying things that she sees or that she wants. She knows tons of animals, pretty much all body parts, numbers 1 and 2 (still haven't gotten past those), some colors (though if you ask her what color something is, she always says "rellow"). But she'll spontaneously say orange about an orange object, and she'll often point at the right color, so I know the knowledge is in there somewhere. The way she says "bottle" and "water" are so cute- with a very strong "t" sound.

She continues to improve her manual dexterity as well. She's a whiz at puzzles and now seems to hold a pen or crayon properly. I'm pretty sure now she's right handed, though she is definitely ambidextrous with her thumb sucking.

She finally lets us brush her teeth. She even asks for it sometimes, saying, "brush". I caught her one time getting a hold of some of our toothpaste and trying to put it on her brush. She's so observant, that little one. But luckily, so am I- so she didn't get away with it.
She's had a few night terrors lately. That is tough- she just won't stop crying and freaking out for like 30 minutes, no matter what we do. Ugh! I hope this stage passes soon.

She loves to play with playdoh and draw with pens and crayons. She's big on stacking things, and is just starting to appreciate her big lego blocks. She still loves to play with her babydoll, and continues to be obsessed with Elmo. We're loving the new season of Sesame Street! She also LOVES to make a big mess, and is just starting to be willing to clean it up (with a LOT of coaxing). She'll dump out boxes of toys, just to see them all on the floor. 52 pickup is her favorite game- but with mom doing the pickup.

We're taking a break from the potty for now, since she always said "no" when we asked if she wanted to go. So we'll try again in a bit. Also, it is too much of a pain to deal with on our California vacation.

She willingly gives kisses, and not even just when asked for them. She'll just nuzzle up to you and pucker up on your lips. She has also (finally!) learned to close her mouth when she kisses, which is a huge advancement!

Here is a little video of her eating and saying "apple" from our hiking trip:

No comments: