The morning started out with Mike feeling sick with a sinus infection, so he didn't join me on the trip (which turned out to be a blessing, because he probably would have killed me after the series of hijinks which ensued). So I ran around all morning, trying to make lunch to bring to Freddy's place, wrap presents for Lucy, etc. I decided to pick up Freddy in Boston, after a French class he teaches. Little did I realize that his class was located in Kenmore square and there was a Red Sox game starting just after I needed to get him. So we got stuck in massive traffic before we even got on the road anywhere. Once we got moving, Caroline got really fussy, so we pulled over to take care of her and realized she had a massive blow out that got all over her cute party dress, her car seat and her entire adorable self. Nothing like a wet-wipe bath on the side of the road! Then on the drive to Freddy's we got lost multiple times (Freddy doesn't really know his way around the area that well yet...), and Caroline was screaming her head off. Freddy called Sonya to let her know we were running late and started the conversation with "Oh no, I made such a very, very bad mistake..." So of course she was convinced he got in an accident or something! Anyways, by the time we got to Freddy's, it was 3 1/2 hours after I had left home- no wonder Caroline was fussy, she hates long car rides! And on top of that, it was already 2:45 and I was supposed to be at Lucy's party at 3pm... So I only stayed for a few minutes, and promised to come back after the party.
Off to the party. Only... there was no party. The party was scheduled for the next day. I must have just totally lost my mind! So I'm walking up the driveway, and luckily happened to run into Jessica, who was walking home after a baby shower at her neighbor's house. Of course she looked at me like I was crazy, and thought it was her fault for giving me the wrong date (which it wasn't... totally, 100% my fault!). But she was nice enough to invite me in, in the midst of her party-preparation chaos, and we chatted away for an hour or so. In fact, we were both happy to catch up more than we probably would have at the party with so many folks milling around. And her daughters came home with their grandma just as I was planning to take off, so I was lucky enough to watch Lucy open her presents. So despite my blunder, it turned out to be a great visit.
Then it was back to Freddy and Sonya's to catch up a bit. They were impressed with Caroline's mobility- she was rolling and scootching all over their living room- she was glad to have a big, carpeted area to roll around on- much better than the blankets, rug and hardwood floor at home, where she's always running into something. It was crazy to see how big she looked compared with Aleah, who is only a month old.
Caroline happily conked out on the ride home, which was perfect, because I was so exhausted, it was all I could do to make it home...
Sonya and Freddy with Caroline and Aleah
Freddy and his sweet little bebe
With Jessica and her girls- Lucy and Clara. With the balloons in the background, it almost looks like I made it to the actual party :)
Jess with our sweetie
1 comment:
So fun you got to see Jessica and her girls! Yea! Cute pics!
Post a Comment