Monday, September 8, 2008

Another mellow weekend

So our weekend was another mellow one. We mostly just hung out at home. Mike enjoyed watching some football, though was slightly traumatized about the whole Tom Brady episode, as he had him on his fantasy football team. I really tried hard to sypathize with him on that one :) Caroline and I went over to swim at the pool, but it was a little cold, so she only lasted 10 minutes or so. We also went out on a hike around Bare Cove Park in Hingham, which we had seen on our last kayak ride, months ago. It was a really nice spot right by the river. But Caroline was a little fussy, so we didn't stay out long. She must have caught the little cold that Mike and I had, because she was all sniffly and had many cranky moments and a rough night or two. But other than that she's been doing just great. Still moving around a lot and trying to get herself into trouble. She's doing better getting her food down- though about half of it still comes back out!

Work has been a lot busier for me now that I'm on a real project- I find myself working on my days off and in the evenings, but at least I'm still technically part time and get 2 days at home with Caroline. That will probably change by Oct or Nov, though, because, well, we've got a mortgage to pay :) I shouldn't make that a happy face, since I'm really none too happy about it (despite the fact that I do like my job a lot), but alas, such is life. But I hope to be able to occasionally go back to part-time for a month or two whenever my caseload will allow, so I'll get a little more time with the baby.

Here are some more weekend pics...

Caroline with her pal Casey on our walk by the beach Papa and bebe part one...
...and part deux
Goin' swimmin!

Check me out getting ready to crawl...

And bouncing away!

No comments: