I had a great birthday. I took the day off work, and went up to the spa with my mom and Mike's mom. It was their mother's day gift from us, and I guess my mother's day gift from Mike and Caroline too. It was fabulous! We went to a place called Sundara in the Wisconsin Dells. The Dells, for those of you who aren't local, is a totally absurd tourist trap town about an hour north of Madison. It has a zillion waterparks and amusement parks and kitchy shops. But this spa is really world-class and removed from all that nonsense. They have beautiful facilities. If only it were a nicer day out... it was all dreary and a little drizzly too. Not super cold, but just not a pool-laying sort of day. So we hung out more by the hot tub and the outdoor firepit. I got a loverly massage and we had a tasty lunch. On the way home, we did some shopping- for "cow pies", cheese, flowers, and all of that. My mom and Jane made flower boxes for my birthday- they are gorgeous! We came home and had dinner and cake with the rest of the family. A really great day all around!
Fun at the spa! Hottub time. Alas, hottubs and pregnancy don't mix well. But I did get a good foot soak.

Warming up by the fire

Lunch at the spa

At the "Cow pie" factory on the way home. Mom had to take some of these tasty treats home!

Mmmmm.... cake!
No comments:
Post a Comment