Tuesday, March 3, 2009

California fun!

Caroline and I just returned from a fabulous trip to California. I came out for an interview, but managed to turn it into a fun little vacation. We stayed with my mom, visited my dad, had a bunch of friends over for brunch, and I even enjoyed a night on the town while my mom watched the babe. It was really a wonderful time. Caroline got lots of practice with her walking skills and was spoiled rotten with so many new toys we had to send back a package of them!

The travel, for the most part, wasn't too bad. There were six flight segments (2 each way out there, and then down to LA and back). For 5 of the 6, we had an extra seat for her, so that made it much easier. But the last flight home there weren't any spare seats, and Caroline was a cranky little one, so that flight was a bit more harrowing, but we survived.

She finally appreciates the view out the window...
Caroline goofing off with Oma

The three-generation self-portrait. Now I see why people say she has eyes like saucers.Caroline with her grandpa
Caroline with one of grandpa's dogs... check out the video below for more doggie entertainment!
And now the friend series...
With Beth and Cash (who is 2 weeks younger than Caroline)
With Emily and Katya (who is almost exactly a year older than Caroline)With Jenn and Jackson (who is a week older than Caroline)With Emily With Isobel, in the new sweater that she knit for her
We had a fun playdate with Kristen and her baby Luke, who is a month older than Caroline. They both apparently have very tasty fingers.
During this playdate, Caroline showed off her emerging assertive personality with a little more toy stealing. Evidence below:
Exhibit A: Babies playing happily together. Caroline with her pot lid and Luke with his new car.
Exhibit B: Quick, while he's distracted with the camera, go for the car!
Exhibit C: Caroline with the stolen car, leaving Luke a bit grumpy.
She also started making these strange grunting noises after accomplishing her crime, as if to say "Oh yeah, I stole it. What are you going to do about it? Huh? Just try it!" I can't wait for the drama she is going to cause later in life. Aie!

And now for the finale: Caroline's new love for dogs.

2 comments:

cseed said...

Love the updates and pictures... Is there a possibility that you might move back to Cali? I can totally appreciate your questioning whether you could be a permanent stay-at-home Mom. I also know the struggle of trying to live in the moment and treasure the time at home but also feel a little lost... hang in there!

Anna said...

I guess you better get a pug!! (my favorite type of dog!)