Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another week at home

So we're just keepin' on keepin' on. The house is on the market, and we had a fabulous first open house with over 20 groups visiting, but no offers yet. I'm still having a great time staying home with Caroline- playgroups and storytime and walks through the neighborhood. Pretty nice, I say. But now that I don't have so many tasks to keep me busy- like getting the house ready to sell- I'm wondering whether I could really do the stay-at-home mom thing for a long time. Don't get me wrong- I really am loving it. But it does feel like I'm missing some part of my life not going to work. Its also just tough to be in this limbo position- wanting to move near family, but not knowing how long it will take to sell the house. Wanting to look for jobs, but wondering if it makes sense to look here or there, since we just don't know what is going to happen... And hearing every 2 seconds about how the economy isn't going to recover for a long time. Well, it all gets under your skin. I want to be all zen and live in the moment and treasure this time with Caroline, but its hard for me not to be a bit anxious.

Anyways, enough of my ramblings. Here are some pictures of my week with C...

On the swings- with a push from mama

with her pal Casey
Riding the giraffe at the library
And the fabulous ball-popper toy from Oma. She goes crazy for this!
I love this picture, because even though it is totally blurry, it really captures her crazy motions when the popping starts- she just waves her hands like crazy and says "oooh" over and over.

The video will give you an even better idea... also, you can hear her first proper word at the end of the video.

No comments: