Saturday, October 18, 2008

Seven months of wonder

Our darling is 7 months old today. How the time flies by. I can hardly believe it. She is getting more and more fun by the day. She's so active and interactive. She's really getting around now- though still mostly by the army-crawl approach, with an occasional roll. I don't think she's too far from real crawling and pulling herself up on things, though, so we really need to get back to that baby proofing! She sits up well on her own for pretty long periods, but is still liable to tip over once in a while. She plays with other babies at playgroup and seems so interested in the world around her. She's still putting everything in her mouth, and has hurt both of her parents with those little chompers (still just the bottom 2- but the top ones will probably arrive soon). Feeding her has been better since our breakthrough last weekend, but she's still not eating all that much. This week we tried her on some cheerios, rice puffs, and teething biscuits. Mostly she just made a mess, but I do think she likes trying to feed herself. She is still a bit of a primadona at day care- insisting on being carried around all the time and fussing if she isn't getting enough attention. I try to build her independence while she's at home and make her play on her own (mostly because I can't just carry her around all day). Sleep has been pretty good recently, so I can't complain about that. So all is well for the princess, and we are happy to celebrate her 7 month birthday with her. Sweet potatoes are a nice alternative to birthday cake, right?

Trying out some cheerios- but mostly missing her mouth...

2 comments:

Anna said...

wow! cheerios! That is very exciting. Happy month seven, Caroline!

cseed said...

What a cutie! I love reading your posts and thinking about what we have to look forward to a year from now. The belly continues to grow...