Saturday, October 4, 2008

Christy's surprise baby shower!

We had so much fun surprising Christy for her baby shower! Thanks again to the wonderful power of facebook, Christy's friend Holly was able to find contact info for both me and So, to let us know about the surprise shower she was planning. Christy had no idea we were coming (or that there was a shower at all), so it was hysterical to see her shock and excitement when she walked in! There were lots of amusing games- baby bottle chugging races, guessing Christy's girth with toilet paper, etc. And tons of amazing food, too! But mostly it was just so wonderful to get to spend time with both Christy and So. We were really the three musketeers in the Peace Corps, so it is special when we all get to be together again. Christy is only ~20 weeks along, so just starting to show, but I had fun rubbing her belly! She's due with a baby boy in February.

Caroline with the guest of honor
Christy with me and Caroline
So and Christy
The requisite Maddy-Christy-So picture. We have a zillion of these from all over Africa and the states.
Look at all of that loot!

1 comment:

cseed said...

I am so excited to have made the Niebauer family blog page! It was such fun seeing you and So again... I can't believe it had been over a year since we were last together. We will have to get together when I am home in the spring with our little one. Love, Christy