Caroline and her new pal Zaki hit it off. It was fun to have another baby around to play with. Caroline didn't sleep great the first couple of nights- she doesn't do well in the same room with us- but it got better by the end. She also made some huge advances on the eating front this weekend. She finally started opening her mouth and welcoming the food, rather than the usual battle we have. She also managed to swallow most of it, and finished everything the past two nights. Phew! I was beginning to fear she was never going to like food. She did OK on our hikes- slept a lot, as usual, and only got cranky once.
It was just a really fun weekend with friends. The kind we need more of. And our little family got to steal away a few times for some good family time too. I just love spending time with them. What a good life we lead. I can't help but think of how blessed we are.
We went to "Cider Days"- a cute little town fair in Belmont. We got Caroline this adorable pumpkin hat and took loads of pictures.
"I heart pumpkins!"
Mike finds the ever elusive "buttermilk falls"
Mike and Ollie headed off on a rock hunt
Success- they find pyrite and tourmaline!
Three lovely ladies peeping leaves
2 comments:
Great photos, Maddie!
I was also interested in your comment about eating. Eliza likes rice cereal but pretty much refuses any other food. Is that similar to what happened with Caroline? It sounds like it will get better over time? I almost want to stop trying food for a little while since it sometimes seems like we're forcing her to take a bite or two, and I really don't like the idea of battles at mealtime. But maybe we're just supposed to keep trying and it will eventually get better?
Yeah, it was pretty weird, all of a sudden she just started liking it. It didn't seem to be due to anything we did- it was like some switch went off in her head. Bizzare. She didn't like anything before- even rice cereal. So it was a constant battle. But we just kept doing it- moving to twice a day for the past month- and it finally paid off. So there's hope!
Post a Comment