So we only spent 2 days in LA, but we had a great time. We were staying with my dad and had a nice time with him. We hung out at his place, went on walks and out to dinner, and went in the hot tub- ahhh. It was nice, because he has several caregivers, who not only take great care of him, but also were excited to help with Caroline. It was nice to have an extra set of hands around. She was a bit fussy after our busy travel, but not too bad. It was great to spend more time with my dad, though always tough given his health condition. He’s thinking of having brain surgery for his Parkinson’s, which is a bit scary, but hopefully it will help improve his quality of life. In any case, it was good to see him and we hope to see more of him soon.
While we were in town, I was lucky enough to see a couple of friends as well. My friend Carol came to see us at my dad’s place, with her stinkin’ adorable son Joshua. I hadn’t seen her in a couple of years, so it was great to catch up on old times and introduce her to Caroline. I also got to see my friend Ellie, who I haven’t seen in even longer- maybe 6 or 7 years! She also has cute little boys, and I got to meet one of them today when we went for a walk on Manhattan Beach. She was great giving me lots of tips for a new mom! I had hoped to see a few other LA based friends, but alas, no time.
Next stop, Seattle. Lets hope we’re not Sleepless…
Caroline with her grandpa
Look at those feet! Caroline had fun learning thai with my dad's wife
Out on a walk with my dad and his caregiver
Carol meets Caroline
Two little cuties- Caroline and Carol's son Joshua
Ellie and her son Maverick at the beach where we walked

While we were in town, I was lucky enough to see a couple of friends as well. My friend Carol came to see us at my dad’s place, with her stinkin’ adorable son Joshua. I hadn’t seen her in a couple of years, so it was great to catch up on old times and introduce her to Caroline. I also got to see my friend Ellie, who I haven’t seen in even longer- maybe 6 or 7 years! She also has cute little boys, and I got to meet one of them today when we went for a walk on Manhattan Beach. She was great giving me lots of tips for a new mom! I had hoped to see a few other LA based friends, but alas, no time.
Next stop, Seattle. Lets hope we’re not Sleepless…
Caroline with her grandpa
No comments:
Post a Comment