
So last night was a dramatic improvement over the night before. We figured out a couple of things... (1) shifts are a beautiful thing- allowing us all to get at least a few hours of uninterrupted sleep (2) Caroline really likes to sleep on my chest (or anyone's) - it must remind her of being in the womb. She really isn't a fan of sleeping in her crib or her nifty hanging bassinet, but we're trying to train her into that. Anyways, we have kept her crying to a minimum in the past day or two, so that makes us all happy.
My crying on the other hand... I don't know, I guess I thought the hormonal rages would calm down after pregnancy, but not so much. I cry at the drop of a hat- a news story, a cheesy commercial, my mom saying something nice, just looking at Caroline...
And then there was the great grocery store incident last night. I don't think I realized how exhausted and sore and worn out I am, because half-way through the store with my mom, I was ready to collapse. Of course we were buying up everything in the store, so we ended up needing two carts, and left one up front so I didn't have to push it around. Well, we go to leave and find that the store had taken our stuff and started putting things back, thinking someone just deserted the cart. At that point, I totally lost it and started bawling, much to the surprise of everyone in earshot, who looked at me like I was crazy. So I went to sit down while mom went for another round around the store, and we finally got to go home. She handles my "moments" remarkably well :)
The other excitement for today was that my milk is finally coming in. This is great for little Caroline, who had to eat a little formula in the meantime to make sure she gained weight (She went back up 8 ounces since our last doctor's appt yesterday, which is fantastic). But for me, well... things were tough enough with just being sore from Caroline nursing so much, and now I'm all "engorged," and it is uncomfortable, to say the least. So despite the amusement of looking like I've got implants, I really just feel like a cow with udders. The breast pump doesn't help that either- its like the Niebauer dairy farm around here.
But it's all worth it for our precious angel, who is the cutest, softest, sweetest thing ever!
My crying on the other hand... I don't know, I guess I thought the hormonal rages would calm down after pregnancy, but not so much. I cry at the drop of a hat- a news story, a cheesy commercial, my mom saying something nice, just looking at Caroline...
And then there was the great grocery store incident last night. I don't think I realized how exhausted and sore and worn out I am, because half-way through the store with my mom, I was ready to collapse. Of course we were buying up everything in the store, so we ended up needing two carts, and left one up front so I didn't have to push it around. Well, we go to leave and find that the store had taken our stuff and started putting things back, thinking someone just deserted the cart. At that point, I totally lost it and started bawling, much to the surprise of everyone in earshot, who looked at me like I was crazy. So I went to sit down while mom went for another round around the store, and we finally got to go home. She handles my "moments" remarkably well :)
The other excitement for today was that my milk is finally coming in. This is great for little Caroline, who had to eat a little formula in the meantime to make sure she gained weight (She went back up 8 ounces since our last doctor's appt yesterday, which is fantastic). But for me, well... things were tough enough with just being sore from Caroline nursing so much, and now I'm all "engorged," and it is uncomfortable, to say the least. So despite the amusement of looking like I've got implants, I really just feel like a cow with udders. The breast pump doesn't help that either- its like the Niebauer dairy farm around here.
But it's all worth it for our precious angel, who is the cutest, softest, sweetest thing ever!
1 comment:
Halarious about the Dairy Farm!!! hahahah! I remember crying alot the first month after I had Kyle - pretty mush over everying -commercials, music, just looking at kyle and thinking about how much I love him, also over lame things like how I wanted chinese food and could not find a chinese restaurant!! heehee!! It's hormonal and will soon pass (= !!
Post a Comment