We've also had a few friends over for dinner and gone to a few kids birthday parties, so we do stay somewhat busy. The weather, by and large, has been nice- Caroline loves playing outside every day, and I love having a yard where she can run around and goof off in her sandbox and her watertable and with all of her other outside toys. She's also still spending lots of time with her grandparents. They took her to the outdoor pool in Middleton recently, and she had the time of her life. Apparently, it is zero-entry, kind of like a beach, which is great for the little ones. She was splashing around like mad. And they have a big sand area too. I think she's going to be there all summer :)
My manager Aimee came up from Chicago for the day to work with me one day. It was great to get some personal time working with her. We normally talk on the phone all the time, but otherwise, I've only ever seen her twice in person before. Such is life in a largely virtual organization. So we spent a couple of hours working and then went out to lunch and just got to know one another better. She's really great and I love working with her. I do love this job. It is just so much more low-stress than my last job, which is really what I need now. And it is fabulous working from home, especially when I'm preggers and just need to lie down once in a while. Anyways, while she was here, we had a conference call scheduled with her assistant to talk about her travel schedule and priorities. But we get on the line and it says "5 people are on the line"- I was worried we had dialed into the wrong line. Then she says "so this is your surprise virtual baby shower!" It was so cute. The whole team that I work with was on the line, and they had put together the "top 11 things about raising twins" (with a little help from some other twin mothers on staff- apparently there are several!). The top item was "you get to change 11,000 diapers" Yikes!!! Anyways, it was really fun, and they gave me a gift certificate to a spa, which was soooo nice of them!
Here are just a few random cute pictures of Caroline from the past few weeks:
Could she get any sweeter with that ribbon in her hair?
Showing off her new tu-tu from Aunt Mad. LOVES IT!!
At the union with Oma and Daddy:
No comments:
Post a Comment