Sunday, June 20, 2010

Best dad ever!

We had a great father's day! Caroline came running into our room shouting "Happy birthday father's day!" So cute, even if she doesn't quite get it... We made Mike breakfast in bed, and then had a mellow morning before heading out to Governor Nelson State Park for a picnic. It was a great park not far from our house, with a big beach and playground and loads of picnic tables. We would have gone for a hike after lunch, but alas, I was a bit worn out. We came back to nap (both mom and Caroline). Then in the evening, we went to dinner at Mike's parents house- his mom made quite a feast! Shrimp and steak and lots of other tasty treats for the men.

Once again, I just want to say that Caroline and these little munchkins in my belly have the greatest dad ever. He's just so loving and supportive and wonderful. I'm just really lucky to have him as my husband. He's really been invaluable the past couple of months, as I've gotten so big that I really can't operate as usual. He takes everything on- cooking, cleaning, caring for Caroline. Its quite amazing and I love him so much for it! Thanks for being awesome, honey! I love you!

And happy father's day to my dad and Mike's dad too!

Some presents for Daddy

And for Papa

Daddy's favorite activity- watching his garden grow!


A picnic at the park with the family

Whoa, belly!

The two dads

Fun in the lake


Some hard-earned relaxation

And good grub rounds out the day!

Caroline gets in a round of baby croquet - we start 'em young :)

The dads enjoying some quality time

The whole clan, minus Nana... someone had to take the picture!

No comments: