Saturday, June 26, 2010

Belly update

So, I haven't talked too much about my pregancy on here lately, but as you can see from various pictures, I'm getting huge. Here's a bit more evidence...

In our front yard... Caroline giving her sisters a little love tap

I didn't realize how huge I was til I saw these pictures!


I'm 35 weeks now, and I have a c-section scheduled for 2 1/2 weeks from now, on July 12th. Sounds like a good birthday to me. I was upset that baby A wouldn't turn around- she's been butt-down for quite some time now. We tried all sorts of things to get her to turn- lots of yoga poses, acupuncture, etc. But to no avail. I was bummed, but now I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm not having these babies the old-fashioned way. I guess there are worse things than avoiding labor, but the recovery time is just so long, and I know that will be tough to deal with while trying to care for 2 new babies. At least I'll have lots of help from Mike, my mom, and Mike's parents.

So I was feeling pretty good for a while there, but have recently been getting so big that it is hard to do a lot of things. Bending down is hard, putting on pants, etc. Now I'm even having trouble turning over in bed, and have to use my arms to move my legs and shift my pelvis around. And it hurts like you wouldn't believe. I think I must be pinching the nerves in my pelvis and lower back or something. I also just get soooo tired all the time and need a little nap on most days. I do find it difficult to sleep at night because I just can't get comfortable and I have to get up 10 times a night to pee. I think I also just hit the hormonal phase, because I've been crying at the drop of a hat (poor Mike bears the brunt of this, but it is better than last time, when I told him I was going to "rip his face off"). Oh, it will be nice when this nonsense is over!

We had a little scare last week where I thought I was going into labor. I just had really intense abdominal pain and lots of contractions. I've been having lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions lately anyways, but this was REALLY painful. So I called the doctor and went in, but turns out the doctor thinks it was BH contractions with a hernia and/or a bladder infection. Oh joy! Well, the pain went away, so that was a relief, and we haven't had any issues since.

Caroline is adjusting to this whole pregnancy thing. She has a hard time that I can't really pick her up anymore, and there isn't much room in my lap, though we try our best to make it work. She's also gotten really attached and clingy with me... I think she has a sense of what is coming. For all her excited talk about the babies- and there is a lot of that- I think her world is just going to turn upside-down when they arrive and steal all of her thunder.

Hard to believe how much our lives will change in a couple of weeks. I think we're as ready as we can be (except for that darned mini-van, which we still need to buy... but we did at least go looking at them today!). But I'd just as soon wait for them til our scheduled date. That way I can wrap things up at work and home, and my mom already booked her trip for that time... But I guess these babies will dictate their own time table, so we'll just see what they've got in store!

No comments: