We did a bunch of our usual weekly activities- playgroup, baby yoga, etc. We also made trips to the botanical garden and the zoo. And then there was the shopping. That was a bit out of hand, encouraged by a lot of amazing deals. So Caroline has clothes and toys for years to come. We also snuck out for a little trip to the spa, which was a wonderful treat. Thanks mom!
But mostly it was nice to just have some time with my mom. I miss her so much and wish she were closer. I am so grateful to have Mike's family nearby-- they are amazing. But there is nothing like having your own mom around to take care of you, especially when you're not feeling great. And it was really nice to see her interact with Caroline. I want Caroline to get to know her as well as she knows her Nana and Papa. This week was great for that.
And we made plans to spend Thanksgiving week with my family in San Diego, so she'll get to know her uncles and cousins then. And I'm hoping to take her up to see my dad in LA, too. Depending on whether I have a job by then or not, we may spend some time in the bay area too. No word on that NYC job interview, by the way, for those of you on the edge of your seats...
Her first mechanical pony ride. One for the scrapbook.
No comments:
Post a Comment