Oh, what a fun weekend we've had!! Friday night we went to visit with our friends Tracy and Cris and their two kids, Matthew (6) and Ashley (4). They live outside Milwaukee, so Caroline and I picked Mike up from work and went over there. We had a great barbecue and sat outside until late, just catching up by their awesome firepit table. The kids were playing great with Caroline and she had a blast with them! We ended up spending the night, which was great fun too, and they cooked us a pancake breakfast the next morning. Sadly, we were having too much fun to remember to take any pictures. Next time!
On Saturday, Mike and I met his parents at a state beach on Lake Michigan north of Milwaukee. It was the most beautiful day you could imagine and Caroline had an absolute blast playing in the sand and water. We enjoyed a picnic and soaked up the sun.... unfortunately, a little too much sun. Caroline got her first sunburn. Note to self- reapply sunblock! So I was feeling a bit guilty when we discovered her red back during her bath at home, but I guess it goes with the territory.
Sunday we went to art fair on the square with Mike's parents and then went to check out the Fete de Marquette- a neighborhood festival around the corner from us. So it was a fun, busy weekend. We took loads of pictures at the beach, but I can't find the camera for the life of me, so we'll see how soon those get up.
I'm making a quick trip to California this week to see my dad and mom, so that should be a good time. Caroline will stay home with her daddy and grandparents, so my travel should be a bit easier, but I'll definitely miss her!!
No comments:
Post a Comment